Monday, August 20, 2012

I AM ALMOST FINISH TYPING MY TEST PAPERS

Hi this me typing again in my classroom its almost 
lunch time!
That is so true. This is my second day of typing my test papers for the first periodic exams of my pupils in Grades 5 and 6. I forgot to tell you I am a teacher. I am teaching in a Christian School. It is called Psalmshill Christian Learning Center. This school was founded by our family last year 2009. We are on our 3rd year of existence now. We never planned to build a school it just happened. Well, it came about in 2009. Me and my sister were already teaching then in a Christian school also owned by a missionary from the states. He did not support what the school needed so in short the school closed down. We are left in a dilemma what to do with our students then. Thus we created Psalsmhill. We started with with 3 grade levels. Prep, Grade 2 and Grade 3. Our students numbered to only 20 then. The first teachers were me and my sister Teresa. Then we hired Lani Sertimno. We occupied the former house of my sister. We converted their house into classrooms. We were encouraged by the support of the parents and our pioneer students then. What's more encouraging is that same year, the application we made in SEC was approved immediately. So we made the school a GO!!!
Now its 2012...our students are more than 60 now and we now have a complete grade levels from Nursery to Grade 6. We have two new teachers...Mam Trina and Mam Melissa. Mam Lani Sertimo gave birth to her 3rd child so she has to take a leave. And our other teacher Mam Divina Isip has to resign for economical reasons because she is too far from the school. And whats more encouraging is that our application to the Government's Education Department, DEPED, is now almost approved. we are now recognized by DEPED. And more good news! I am almost done with my methods. I am taking up my Education course in RCC Republic Central Colleges. And I hope next year 2013 I will take up my board exams and have my license as a teacher.

Isn't that amazing!!!

Well enough of me blogging for now. I have to finish typing my test papers for this thursday's exams. CIAO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment